- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Contact Us
Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - November 13, 2020
The City Council will hold the Regular City Council Meeting Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 6:00.&n... [more...]
Public Hearing AOne Stop Specific Use Permit Apartment - October 23, 2020
A Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 at 6:00pm and again at 6:30pm at the A... [more...]
Public Hearing AOne Stop Diesel Truck Fueling Station - October 23, 2020
A Public Hearing will be held on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 5:30pm and again at 6:00pm at the... [more...]
The City of Alma Secretary performs many duties vital to the daily operations of City Hall. Listed below you will find many of the duties performed.
- Record and edit the minutes of meetings and distribute to appropriate officials or staff members.
- Respond to requests for information from the public, other municipalities, state officials, or state and federal legislative offices.
- Perform general office duties, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Issue public notification of all official activities or meetings.
- Collaborate with other staff to assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, or priorities.
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters.
- Issue various permits
- Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Provide assistance with events